WWW.FOREXSIGNAL-YNGWIE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WWW.FOREXSIGNAL-YNGWIE.COM

THE FORUM SITE

You are not connected. Please login or register

MT4 getting slower? Here's how you fix it

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FXBear

FXBear

I had a problem MT4 getting slow and taking more and more CPU, laptop was getting hot, so I digged Google and it was quite hard to find a working solution.
It's acctually simple.

1) Go to your MT4 folder, look up folder "logs" and delete logs, leave just the last one, you don't need them. There is one more "logs" folder in "experts" folders - delete those logs too, leave just the last one.

2) Open MT4, go to Tools -> Options -> Chart tab and enter manually new values into two boxes below.
1000 is enough, indicators need only 300 - 700 to work properly.
Only reason for larger values is testing strategies but if you need fast MT4 for trading, just get another MT4 for testing purposes.

That's it, worked like a charm for me.

Yngwie-NT

Yngwie-NT
Admin

FXBear wrote:I had a problem MT4 getting slow and taking more and more CPU, laptop was getting hot, so I digged Google and it was quite hard to find a working solution.
It's acctually simple.

1) Go to your MT4 folder, look up folder "logs" and delete logs, leave just the last one, you don't need them. There is one more "logs" folder in "experts" folders - delete those logs too, leave just the last one.

2) Open MT4, go to Tools -> Options -> Chart tab and enter manually new values into two boxes below.
1000 is enough, indicators need only 300 - 700 to work properly.
Only reason for larger values is testing strategies but if you need fast MT4 for trading, just get another MT4 for testing purposes.

That's it, worked like a charm for me.

Awesome!! Nice job!

http://www.forexsignal-yngwie..com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum